Friday, July 13, 2012
Yesterday evening, a trouser-less Bella sat on her favourite chair with her 'doudous' lined up as she always does. However, this time she wasn't aware that a hornet had already taken her seat. I could tell from her cry that something was seriously wrong and for the first few seconds couldn't understand what had happened, until I saw the hornet crawling across the floor. My poor, brave little girl clung on to me crying "mummy", whilst Scott rang the emergency number (we didn't know quite what to do) and went to fetch ice for her swollen bottom. Sam was sat in the bedroom with cushions over his ears as the cries were too upsetting.
We were advised to take her to the local dr. (by this time it was 8.15pm) and thank goodness Bella took an instant liking to her and obediently showed her the sting. The ice had done the trick and she wasn't too swollen. An allergic reaction didn't look likely so she prescribed a precautionary antihistamine and cream for the next three days. The nice pharmacist kindly opened the chemist especially for us.
Bella was much happier by the time we got home and was happy to be allowed to stay up late. She kept telling us over and over it was a bee that had stung her. After finally understanding it wasn't a bee she seemed delighted and danced about singing "yay, bees are nice".